Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hi, guys. This is the first post to my blog where I talk about what sandwich I ate, what was on it, and how I rate it. I want to talk about the good sandwiches as well as the bad ones. The purpose of this personal forum is for me to build on sandwich making experience, and in order to grow one must embrace past mistakes as well as past success.

Today I tried a wrap from Terra Ve. Inside of the wrap, which was spinach flavored, I put shredded cheese, (what kind of cheese do they use there? Is it Kraft Single cheese, or something kind of like it? I always imagine colby jack but I don't think that is actually what it is.) beans, salsa, and jalepenos. I had to go really fast and I don't really know what the ingredients I can choose from are. The salsa is really watery, but I knew that going in to the deal. I like shredded cheese in a wrap-shaped sandwich a lot. I like all of the loose ingredients. Maybe if I could mix them all up together and put them in the wrap instead of the toppings being placed in layers. The wrap certainly did not have even distribution of inredients and things collected into pockets. I think I always overestimate the amount of spice I can take, but I was not distressed by the power of the jalepenos. Overall, I would say it's better than my usual terra ve fare but it was a non-sucessful sandwich. The bad points were for the most part easy to ignore but it could have been a lot better. Salsa was definitely a bad choice because of the amount of liquid, but good in that it gave the tastes of many ingredients. Maybe I could bring it home and throw on some Newman's salsa.

I also made some sandwiches with Alan later on that day. On a grill manned by Jason we threw on some "All American Burgers," some eggplant slices, and some mushrooms. In the ending stages of the grilling process Alan tossed on my buns, which had some sesame seeds on top. We put some Bulls Eye on the burgs and I also put some Frank's Red Hot. I never know how I feel about F's.R.H.. Either way, I didn't use enough today. I should have thought about doing multi-layering. Some sprouts were also introduced. They didn't really need to be there, but they added a crisp feeling. I was into it, I washed it down with some Mug.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! I have had shitty sandwiches two days in a row. Yesterday I had a real bad roast beef sandwich, and today I had a shitty salami sandwich with spicy mustard.