Monday, April 23, 2007

Hey sandwich heads. Yesterday at the supermarket I thought about this great sandwich and today it became a reality. The concept of the sandwich was a "sweet and sour" kind of thing, by using sweet potatoes on sourdough bread. On the bottom half of the sandwich was a layer of hummus, and then a bed of greens which the sweet potatoes were nestled in. On top was a pile of sprouts and on the top half was a small layer of this great spread I got at T. Joe's which is a kind of eggplant and roasted red pepper spread. It's a miracle spread and I guess I reccomend it.

This sandwich was so great and I was surprised that the sweet and sour could actually be tasted and wasn't just a concept based on ingredient names. The sweet potatoes were thinly sliced into kind of strips, but I think I would like them to be thicker next time. Also, the potatoes were boiled before they got too soft and then cut and fried in a pan in olive oil.

I had water with it, but I think instead I would have liked some lemonade.