Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I can't say that my absence from this particular corner of the blogosphere can be excused. While I have had limited access to the internet this summer, it is also true that I have gotten mouthy with my fair share of sandwiches. At the very least I could have somehow maintained some kind of handwritten blog as a way to keep tabs on them all. At an occasion such as now, I could have relayed the messages from paper to text box, my fingers acting as some kind of Hermes (or for any Romans who may be reading, Mercury the turkey-legged jokester). Five pairs of winged feet dancing across the keypad to enrich you, the mere mortal with epic tales depicting my Herculean journey across an Elysium of treats housed in bread.

As it stands, there is no way I could offer a reader any proper account of the delights that have sated me this summer. Why don't I just write about a really shitty sandwich I had last week?

The place was New Seasons, which is the "neighborhood store" of my new neighborhood I just moved to two weeks ago. The neighborhood is called Portland. The main ingredient was curried chicken salad. I used to eat this kind of salad all the time and was really into it. On a sandwich, however, it did not live up! I think the fault lies with me. Thinking that the moistness level of the salad would be enough, (there is nothing I can stand less than a dry sandwich) I did not choose any other condiments. This mistake completely ruined my flavor experience. While I will never try this ingredient again, I can still admit who is at fault for this sub-par meal.

Other ingredients included: Provolone cheese, whole wheat bread, lettuce and cucumber. When I brought the sandwich back from the store an additional ingredient was added: a hot pepper c/o Tim's garden.

No comments: